Thursday 24 January 2013

Garnier Nutrisse

I colour my hair intermittently.  As a rule, I don't make New Year resolutions, but I am on a constant quest to treat my hair better.  Last year I managed to do semi-regular hair cuts:  my hairdresser reckons I can get away with a cut every 10 weeks and I skipped just one of those.

I already have a weekly hair mask routine under control so this year, I'm going to try keeping my colour up.  After all, there's nothing worse than a last minute invite somewhere when your hair's looking a little sad.

Hair colouring in a salon is pretty expensive (my hairdresser charges about $60), but you can usually pick up a permanent colour for around the $10-15 mark.  That's a big saving, given that your time investment is likely to be around the same.  I'm sure a colour done in salon looks a little better but no one is ever inspecting my hair that carefully!

This time round I chose Garnier Nutrisse colour 5.25 (Frosted Chestnut).  Skin test done, I was ready to colour. 

Good things at the start:  you apply to dry hair, not too smelly and the conditioner comes in a resealable container, rather than a sachet.

I always find colours a pain to rinse out and this was no different. 


Grey coverage was very good, and the colour has lasted really well.  Unlike many reddish colours, the white hairs haven't faded to pink - they've held the actual colour.

Definitely both a product and a colour I'd use again.  Though knowing me I'd experiment with a different colour!

No comments:

Post a Comment