Monday 14 July 2014

Sanctuary Foaming Shower Mousse


While this product isn't available in Australia, I've decided to review it because it is part of the current Sanctuary range.  I received this as a present a while ago and the packaging has changed but it is still in the pump-to-mousse format and (as far as I can tell) the same product.

Firstly, I have to say that I was really impressed that the pump lasted as long as the product did.  So often, moving parts in beauty related products fail long before the product is finished which means you either waste some product or you spend time battling packaging trying to use up whatever it is.  This is not just with the products aimed at women - my partner has had some impressive battles with various shaving foams.

This mousse also lasted really well.  A single pump doesn't dispense too much and I got excellent mileage from this.  I'm an intermittent (couple of times a week) mousse/gel/wash user (er, not because I only shower a couple of times a week - normally I use soap and I am in a hurry!) so most products in this category last but occasionally fragrances fade or, worse, go off.  I'm pleased to report that this didn't happen with this.

The fragrance is very citrussy - think mandarin rather than anything else.  The foam is soft and silky and is definitely not drying on the skin at all.  I used this on a loofah pad and got excellent coverage from 3-4 small pumps.

In winter you won't get away without using a moisturiser after your shower, but in warmer weather (or, I guess, depending on your skin) I can imagine that this mousse would be sufficiently moisturising to be a one-stop shop.

In the UK this is available for just £6 so I would definitely recommend giving it a go.  It's both refreshing and moisturising and, if it makes it to Australia, it will be perfect for summer in particular.

Not available in Australia.  Available in the UK from Boots (at least), £6.

Sanctuary Spa.

Source: gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment