Sunday 26 January 2014

Biore Blemish Clearing Scrub



Bioré has a reasonably complicated array of cleansers available.  I'm a big fan of the Combination Skin Balancing Cleanser - months on now, my skin hasn't dried out and I'm using such a tiny amount it feels like the never ending cleanser.

I won a full size of the new Blemish Clearing Scrub.  Now, I'm not normally a fan of combination scrub/cleansers.  Firstly, I'm not convinced I need to exfoliate like that every day and secondly, I often find them drying.  However, my other half does use this type of thing so I figured even if it wasn't quite right for me, I'd be able to find it a happy home.

Unlike the Balancing Cleanser this scrub has a very strong scent which is dominated by mandarin.  Also, the main ingredient after water is not glycerin, but laureth-4 carboxylic acid.  This is used in acne treatments and is a surfactant, so it basically helps the product foam.  Having done this tiny bit of research, it's not surprise to me that I found this product dried out my skin.  Also, I really disliked its strong scent.

Handed over to my other half, he's decided it's not as good as his usual product and, like me, he finds it 'too orange-y'.

So overall, this product is a miss, rather than a hit.

Widely available.  RRP ~ $11.

Bioré.

Source: prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment