Friday 16 January 2015

Max Factor Ageless Elixir


Oh I love this foundation! I picked up the Max Factor Ageless Elixir ages ago in some big discount offer at Priceline. I chose it because I'd been impressed with a combined moisturiser/serum product and I can find that foundation catches in any dehydrated patches on skin so I figured the serum aspect would help with that. The fact that it's also SPF 15 is just a plus.

The coverage is light to medium and I like that it's really easy to build up without looking like you've caked it on. The foundation has a lovely, subtle rose scent and my only criticism of the pump pack is that it's hard to tell how much you've used. I love the black lid (no dirty foundation smudges visible!).

I have found that, as usual on my skin, this doesn't work so well on top of dimethicone/silicone rich moisturisers but if I use a good standard moisturiser (and allow it to soak in) then this works a treat. 

Because I favour such a light foundation, this has lasted me for absolutely ages, making it also excellent value for money.

I have reasonably fair skin and bought it in 45 warm almond which has been perfect.  I did spend some time choosing the colour before purchase (it only comes in 5 shades) and I've subsequently bought another Max Factor foundation in the same colour which is also a good match - so it seems the shades are consistent.

I'm quite disappointed I bought a different Max Factor foundation (always have to try something new!) because this is unequivocally a product I would both recommend and use again.

This is widely available and RRP is $32.95 but you will most find it discounted somewhere along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment