Saturday 6 July 2013

Clinique Even Better Foundation

So, my tiny make up bag, complete with my foundation, has been stuck at work for a week and a half.  Long story.  And while I can (mostly) live without things like mascara and make up brushes (and it's been raining so much even going out make up is pared right down!), a lack of foundation causes problems.  Especially as I am increasingly falling out of love with my BB cream.

As I did actually have to go out somewhere other than the shops I had a ferret through my bags of samples and pulled out one for Clinique's Even Better foundation.  The sample was in shade Neutral (05) which was an OK but not great match for my skin.

However, I really liked this foundation and I'd definitely consider buying it.  Coverage is a bit more than I'm used to (Clinique describes it as 'moderate to full' and that's spot on) but it wasn't cakey at all and I found that it lasted quite well and faded gracefully (it didn't settle into wrinkles and creases).

Being me, I also love the fact that it has a proper SPF.

At $50 from a Clinique counter it is ~ $20 more expensive than the foundation I'm currently using (which I also like, but less coverage) but when I'm next in the market for a foundation I hope Clinique has a gift with purchase on as I'll be heading along to get a good colour match.

Available at a Clinique counter. $50.

Clinique.

Source: sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment